Friday, January 2, 2009

Packing

I find myself saying, "this time from now I will be in the " and getting giddy and excited far more often now that the act of packing has started. Looking at stacks of clothes and a bed strewn about with various books, bike gear and vitamins was overwhelming but now that the process of placing those items into luggage has started I have realized how much I have enjoyed reevaluating the need of many things I have held onto and carted around for a number of years. You realize in doing this process how much you really need to live and be happy, and it is not as much as I would have expected for myself.

The necessities of course are (in order of importance):
- Laptop and ability to plug in laptop in foreign country. Laptop must include copious amounts of stored media to consume
- Clothes with underwear taking precedence over anything else
- Books, many many books, most of a technical nature (this holds true for Drew as well)
- Bike gear as helmets that fit well and look sharp are annoyingly hard to find
- Camping gear, with a new tiny cook stove being a very exciting purchase

Most anything else can be left behind. Just a few mementos are coming along. I like this feeling that my life will be fitting into a few suitcases and carted around the world with me in just 1.5 days time.

No comments:

Post a Comment